Church Office and Communications Manager
Areas of responsibility
Maintaining the church office
- Acting as receptionist: the church’s first voice to office visitors and people on the telephone.
- Maintaining the Master Calendar and arranging room bookings.
- Arranging service visits for the upkeep of all office machines. Assisting the pastoral team with IT problems.
- Purchase of needed office supplies.
- Recording minutes of weekly pastoral team meetings.
- Administering Petty Cash.
- Printing Delve (a monthly magazine about people, ideas and events at Spring Garden replacing the need for a weekly bulletin); either acting as editor of Delve or working with a volunteer editor of Delve.
- Providing a presence on the internet: maintaining the church website, Facebook page, Twitter, etc.
- Preparing announcement Powerpoint slides for sanctuary and lounge display.
- Working with the Worship and Local Mission Pastor to prepare Powerpoint slides for worship.
- Posting weekly podcasts or working with a volunteer to do so.
- Other publishing needs that arise through the year such as: telephone directory; annual report book, etc.
- Ability to work proactively: to be aware of upcoming projects and provide information required for timely completion to the pastoral team and others.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to respond to people with warmth and friendliness; ability to work with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to see this work as a form of ministry.
- Willingness to regularly participate in Spring Garden Church worship.
- Ability to work enthusiastically in the culture of Spring Garden Church as reflected in our Statement of Values (available on request).
- Reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Works within the parameters of Operating Guidelines for Spring Garden Church Pastors and Staff (available on request.)
- This job requires 28 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.