Q: What Denomination is Spring Garden?
Q: What time is worship?
A: We gather for corporate worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. Worship usually ends around 11:20am and is followed by a coffee and snacks so that we can get to know each other better. If you join us for worship, we'd love to have you stay for coffee and snacks!
Q: How do I get to Spring Garden
Q: What do you believe?
A: Spring Garden Church is
rooted in the evangelical tradition of the Baptist movement. A more
formal “Confession of Faith” is available; we would be delighted to
provide you with a copy.
Some of the significant doctrines stated there are:
• We believe in one God who made us, loves us, and rules over all creation. We believe that this one God exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that God speaks through the Bible. We consider the Bible to be our final authority regarding what we believe and how we live.
• We believe that every human has sinned and needs to accept God’s salvation through the death of Jesus Christ.
• We believe that Jesus is completely God and completely human; that He was born to a virgin mother, died to carry the punishment for human sins, and was literally raised from the dead. In His death we see God’s love and justice meet together to remove our guilt.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit and expect His work in our lives. He draws us
to faith in Christ; helps us understand and apply the Bible
to our lives; and empowers us to live godly lives that make a
difference to the world around us.
• We acknowledge the reality of evil and Satan. Though we are tempted and
evil is active in the world, we rejoice that Christ has overcome the devil and broken the power of evil.
• We commit ourselves to live as followers of Jesus: sharing His truth, love and compassion with our world. We gather as His disciples into the church where we learn, love and share the life of Jesus together as we combine our resources to conduct His mission of proclaiming the Good News and relieving human distress and social injustice. As His church we celebrate His grace as we worship together and observe the symbols of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
• We believe that Jesus is coming again to judge humanity and to establish an everlasting kingdom of righteousness.